2 or 3 small to medium potatoes
1 pint chicken or vegetable stock
cream or creme fresh to serve -optional
Entered by Sian Hallewell on 03/01/2014
Cheap and cheerfull, family filler
- Peel carrots (if required) and slice.
- Peel potatoes and dice peel onion and dice
- Heat a knob of butter and a little oil in a saucepan and gently saute veg for a few minutes
- Add stock (homemade or from a stock cube), bring to a gentle simmer.
- Simmer for 20-30 minutes (until carrots are cooked).
- Remove from heat and blitz. If soup is too thick for your liking add more stock to reach desired consistancy.
- Warm back through and serve with a swirl of cream or creme fresh.