150g S.R Flour
150g brown sugar
150g soft butter
3 large bananas mushed
handful of chopped nuts
25g brown sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
Entered by Rachel Cyparski on 3/12/2013
A yummy combination and so easy to throw together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- Add the eggs and mashed banana and mix well
- Add flour and continue to mix
- Pour into baking tins and scatter chopped nuts on top
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 180'c in oven.
- While cake is cooking and about 10 mins before it is due to come out of the oven, make the sauce:
- Melt the butter and sugar and once dissolved add the syrup and whisk.
- Simmer, whisking every now and then until cake mixture is ready.
- Once cake is out of oven, drizzle toffee sauce over cake. serve warm with cream and any leftover sauce-Yum!