Job Title: IS Systems Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager - Concur
Direct Reports: None
Date Created: June 2019
- Project manage and/or provide hands-on expertise / resource on projects focused on implementation of Business System Solutions.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level application support.
- Manage the implementation of Group and Local IT solutions.
- Support Business System Key Users to enable them to support the general User community to achieve best use of the available system modules.
- Partner with the business, evaluating business processes and how they can be enhanced to improve efficiency through the use of IT solutions.
- Implement all system solutions to defined System Development Life Cycle Standards (SDLC). Provide input to the SDLC standards to ensure they remain topical.
- Ensure solutions are provided using current technologies.
- As directed by the Kenwood IT or DL Group Steering Committees, manage the implementation of excellent quality, supported, robust and future proof System Applications ensuring Users are engaged and on board with a structure of Key User support where sensible.
- IT Project Manager responsible for implementation of both Group and Local system solutions and those Applications requiring Business and Application awareness.
- Hands on resource for System implementations, to include major Projects using 100+ IT man-days, including those where Havant is the Pilot (and scoping) site for Group rollout.
- Resource manage Project team members inputting to the Departmental Project Portfolio.
- Maintain up to date awareness of current and emerging IS Application Developments and their relevancy to Business Efficiency
- Provide 1st and 2nd level application support to System Users and ensure System Key Users are competent and aware of their application support responsibilities
- Work with 3rd Party System Consultancies to achieve mutually acceptable system designs through to implementation.
Key Interfaces – Internal/External
- Head of IT Systems
- Senior Project Manager - Concur
- IS Services Manager
- IS Team Members
- Senior Kenwood Management Team members
- Kenwood User Project Managers
- Kenwood Application Key Users
- Kenwood IT Users
- Systems Support Agencies
- Suppliers of Services
- Suppliers of System Solutions
- 3rd Party Systems Consultancies
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Strong Project Management skills - experience working in a project lead role, managing activity in terms of timeline, resource and budget
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Effective stakeholder management skills including the ability to influence colleagues at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to problem solve, pro-actively provide solutions
- Collaborative approach to working
- Detail conscious
- Continual improvement – never satisfied with status quo, curious and eager to improve and develop ways of working or technologies used
- Good Knowledge of best practice Business Processes, Job Roles and Ways of Working
- MS Project and MS Office
- Awareness of and adherence to Systems Development Life Cycle standards
- Awareness of compliance legislation
- ERP experience
- Willingness to travel
- An IT related university degree and relevant experience in IT
- SAP experience
Back to Careers Page