Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 3-5 minutes
Tools: Spiral Dough Hook / Metal Pasta Roller / Food Processor Attachment (For the Pasta Verde and Herb Pasta Variations)
What is Tagliatelle?
Tagliatelle was first created in 1487 by a court chef who was inspired by Lucrezia Borgia’s beautiful blond hair on the day of her marriage.
- Put the flour, salt, oil and eggs into the bowl of the machine. Attach the Spiral Dough Hook and set the speed to 1-2 and knead for 2 minutes or until the dough comes together.
- Place the dough onto the work surface and knead until smooth. Wrap in cling film and rest for 30 minutes.
- Attach the Flat Pasta Maker to the machine, scatter some semolina onto the pasta and cut into four equal pieces. Lightly roll it with a rolling pin into a rectangle shape.
- Set the Flat Pasta Roller to the widest setting, moving up through the numbers on the side of the roller, and on a low speed feed the pasta through it several times, folding it in half each time, until the pasta is smooth.
- Reduce the thickness of the roller by 1, sprinkle some more semolina if needed, and feed the pasta through again. Continue to reduce the thickness until the required thickness has been achieved.
- Cut into appropriate length (for example 30 cm) .Leave the pasta to dry slightly for 30 minutes before cutting. Cut the pasta sheets using the Tagliatelle metal pasta cutter attachment.
- To cook the pasta, fill the bowl with salted water and bring to a rolling boil – then add the pasta. Check it after 6 minutes, and once cooked drain in a colander.
Substitute 100g of the pasta flour for 100g of whole meal flour.
Add 150g of sautéed spinach, having squeezed the excess liquid from the spinach, chop in the Food Processor Attachment using the thin slicing disk then add to the pasta mix.
Add 10ml (2 tsp.) of squid ink to the pasta mix.
You can use any soft herbs to flavour the pasta - just chop them in the Food Processor Attachment, using the thin slicing plate, before adding the dry ingredients.
Add 30ml (2 tbsps.) of tomato purée to the mix and reduce the quantity of olive oil to 30ml (2 tbsps.).