Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Tools: Food Processor / Flexi Beater / Stirring Tool
What is Ratatouille?
Ratatouille is a mixture of vegetables with tomato as the main ingredient. The original recipe comes from Occitan cuisine and the French “touiller” literally means “to toss food”. Ratatouille is usually served as a side dish but can be served on its own with bread or pasta.
- Slice the onions in the Food Processor using the thin slicing disc on speed 3. Cut a cross in the bottom of the tomatoes and place in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Carefully peel the skin off. Deseed and dice the tomatoes and the peppers. Dice the remaining vegetables. Reserve separately.
- Add 3 tbsp. of oil into the bowl. Attach the Flexi Beater. Set the temperature to 140ºC and to stirring speed 1. Once up to temperature add the aubergines and courgettes. Set the timer for 10 minutes to cook, maintaining the speed but adjusting the temperature to 110ºC. When the machine stops, remove and reserve the vegetables.
- Add 3 tbsp. of olive oil to the bowl. Set the temperature to 140ºC and the speed to stir 1. After 1 minute, add the onions, garlic and pepper. Reduce the temperature to 110°C and cook for 10 minutes. Attach the Stirring Tool. Add the tomatoes, aubergines, courgettes and bouquet garni.
- Season to taste.
- Set the temperature to 100°C, the time for 20 minutes and the speed to stir 3.
- Place in a serving dish and serve.