Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Times: 65 minutes
Tools: Food Processing Attachment
- Break the bread into pieces, place in the Food Processing Attachment fitted with the knife blade, add the sage and thyme and process to make breadcrumbs and chop the herbs. Transfer to a bowl. Add the onion to the Food Processing Attachment and finely chop.
- Melt 25g (1oz) butter in a pan, add the onion and sauté until light golden. Stir into the breadcrumb mix with the lemon juice and rind, seasoning and beaten egg.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Split the pork fillets lengthways, without cutting right the way through. Spread the stuffing over one fillet, place the other fillet on top, cut side down to cover the stuffing.
- Stretch the bacon, using the back of a knife and then wrap it around the pork. Tie at 2.5cm (1 inch) intervals with string. Heat the oil and remaining butter in a roasting tin, in the oven, add the pork and baste. Cook for 20 minutes, then add the potatoes and baste again.
- Cook for 10 minutes then add the onion wedges. Cook for 30 minutes adding the plums for the last 5 minutes. Mix the mustard and honey together and drizzle over the meat when you add the plums. Serve thickly sliced with the roasted potatoes, onions and plums.