Posh home made burgers for the tastiest sizzling BBQs this summer.
Preperation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Tools: Kenwood Kitchen Machine, Mincer / K Beater
- Fit the Mincer with the coarse screen and mince the beef into the Kenwood Bowl. For a finer texture pass through the screen again.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and rind and a generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Using the K Beater at minimum speed, mix the ingredients together.
- Divide into 4 and with floured hands shape into thick burgers. Either brush with oil and place under a preheated grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or shallow fry over a medium heat.
- Meanwhile make the fried onion rings, dip the rings first into the egg white and then into the flour. Heat 2.5cm (1 inch) oil in a pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, until golden.
- Serve burgers garnished with onion rings accompanied by toasted crusty bread, mixed salad leaves and the remaining onion rings.