Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 Minutes
Tools: Food Processing Attachment / Whisk
- Cut the asparagus into 2.5cm (1 inch) lengths. Place in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until just tender. Plunge in cold water, drain and pat dry on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Slip the broad beans out of their waxy skins and mix with the asparagus.
- Using the Food Processing Attachment fitted with the fine shredding plate, grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside. Use the knife blade to chop the herbs.
- Place the eggs in the Kenwood Bowl and using the Whisk, blend the eggs, milk and seasoning together. Reserve 30ml (2 tbsp) cheese and add the remainder to the Bowl with the chopped herbs. Mix together on speed 1.
- Stir the asparagus, broad beans and spaghetti into the egg mixture. Heat the oil in a 23cm (9 inch) non-stick frying pan. Pour in the egg mixture and cook over a moderate heat for 6-8 minutes or until the bottom is golden.
- Sprinkle the reserved Parmesan cheese over the top and place under a preheated grill to lightly brown the cheese and just set the top. Slide on to a warmed serving plate and serve hot or warm, cut into wedges.
Cook’s Note The traditional way to cook a frittata is to flip it over in the pan to cook the top, rather than under the grill. To try this, add all the cheese in step 3. To flip the frittata, loosen the base, take a large plate and place it upside down over the frying pan. Using oven gloves hold it firmly and turn the pan over and the frittata on to the plate. Slide back innto the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.