Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
- Preheat oven to Gas 4, 180C, 170C fan oven. Grease and line 2x20cm (8”) loose based sandwich tins.
- Place egg whites into the mixer bowl with the whisk attachment. Whisk at speed max for 2 minutes until stiff, add the sugar and whisk for a further 10 seconds.
- Add the vanilla, vinegar, Flake and coconut and using the fold button press 5 or 6 times until the ingredients are combined (be careful not to over mix as it will knock air out of the mixture).
- Divide between the sandwich tins and bake for approx. 40 minutes, until firm and lightly browned. Cool.
- Whisk the cream on speed 5 for 1 minute 45 seconds, check to see how thick it is (it should hold in peaks), if not quite thick enough whisk for a further 5-10 seconds. Add the raspberries and fold in using the fold button 4-5 times.
- Sandwich the meringue together with the raspberries and cream and chill before serving.