Makes: 12 cup cakes
Tools: Kenwood Kitchen Machine
Pre heat the oven to 180c (gas mark 4)
Ensure that your ingredients and equipment are at room temperature to reduce the risk of the mixture curdling.
- Place the butter and sugar into your Kenwood Kitchen Machine bowl and using the flexi-beater cream on medium speed until they become thick and cream.
- Beat the eggs to together, reduce the speed of the mixer and gradually add the eggs. Ensure that each addition of the eggs is properly incorporated before adding the next amount of the eggs.
- Once the eggs have been incorporated remove the mixing bowl from the machine.
- Place the chocolate in a double boiler and melt.
- Gradually fold into the mixture.
- Sieve the dry ingredients together to ensure they are properly mixed together then using a flexible spatula fold in the all the dry ingredients. Take care not to knock out the incorporated air and make sure all the dry ingredients are incorporated and not hiding at the bottom of the bowl.
- Place twelve paper cases into a muffin tray then pipe the mixture evenly between them.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Break the chocolate into little pieces and place into a grease and moisture free bowl.
- Bring the cream, glucose, coffee and cocoa powder to the boil and pour over the chocolate, stir slowly to ensure the all the chocolate is dissolved. As the mixture cools pour oven the top of cakes and place the eggs on the top.