1. Heat the oven to 180C (fan-forced).
2. Place the butter, flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and baking soda into the bowl of the mixer.
3. Using the paddle on medium speed, work the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
.4. With the motor still running, add the milk and stream in the honey, till the dough starts to clump and ball up around the bowl.
5. Turn out onto a lightly floured bench and divide into 3 portions.
6. Working on 1 portion at a time, roll the dough out to 5mm thick, and cut shapes out using cookie cutters.
7. Bake for 8 mins, or until lightly brown around the edges.
8. Cool completely before icing.
9. To make the icing, place the egg white, icing mixture, lemon juice and milk into a clean bowl.Whisk to combine. Portion, and add food colouring.
• The cookies can be stored, un-iced in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to three months.
• Leave the iced cookies to dry completely before storing.