Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
For the glaze
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Add the orange juice, honey, star anise, black pepper and soy sauce and pulse until combined.
- Add to a saucepan and simmer until it has reduced by half.
For the duck
- Take the duck out of the refrigerator and pat dry the skin.
- Cut some grooves into the skin and rub the salt into it.
- Heat some oil into a frying pan.
- Place the duck breast into the pan skin side down cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn the duck over and cook for 1 minute.
- Turn the duck back onto the fat side then pour the glaze over the duck.
- Place into a preheated oven set at 180ºC for about 10 minutes.
- Allow the duck to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For the vegetables
- Attach the coarse shredding disc to the food processor.
- Shred the carrots, pak choi, ginger and garlic.
- Heat a little sesame oil in the wok or deep frying pan.
- Add the vegetables and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the bean sprouts and plum sauce and cook for another minute.
- Transfer the stir fry onto a serving platter.
- Place the sliced duck onto the stir fry, and spoon some of the glaze over the top and serve.
Chef’s tips: Take the duck breasts out of the fridge 20 minutes before you are planning to cook them. Ensure that the frying pan can go into the oven. If it has a plastic handle then it can’t.