- Attach the knife blade to the food processor. Add the brioche, herbs, salt and pepper and process until the ingredients are combined.
- Remove the mix from the bowl and spread out onto a large plate.
To cook the lamb
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Place the lamb in the pan and brown on all sides.
- Turn the lamb to the fat side, cook for a few minutes and then place the lamb onto a baking sheet/tray into a preheated oven set at 180ºC.
- 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time, take the lamb out of the oven.
- Turn the lamb chops over and spread a little mustard onto the fat.
- Place the chop into the brioche mix fat side down and press down.
- Return the chop to the baking tray, with the crust upwards.
- Cook for the remaining time.
- Remember to rest the meat for 10 minutes before serving.
Chef’s tips: If your frying pan doesn’t go into the oven, carefully turn the potato mixture out onto a baking tray or make the rosti in a flan case. The time it will take to cook the meat will depend upon how good your oven is and the thickness of the meat cut; however as a rough guide if you want to have the meat medium, cook for 8 minutes, 12 minutes for well done.