This cheesecake was inspired by a trip to the highlands of Scotland, be careful not to put too much whisky into the mix or the cream will not set.
Serves: 8 (Cake tin 20cm x 4cm, loose bottom flan ring)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
For the base
- Attach the knife blade to the food processor.
- Add the biscuits, sugar and butter and process to a crumb consistency using the pulse action.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the base of the cake tin (20cm x 4cm flan ring). Place this into the refrigerator to set.
For the filling
- Place the cream cheese, vanilla extract, honey, whisky and sugar into the food processor with the knife blade fitted.
- Blend the mixture on speed 1 until combined.
- With the machine running add the cream until combined.
- Spread the mixture into the cake tin and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, run a knife around the sidesand lift the ring off.
Chef’s tips: Ensure that the base has set otherwise it will come away when you add the mixture. Be careful not to over process the cheese and cream as they can split from too much blending.