Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Tools: Food mincer attachment, Blender attachment, K beater
To make the burger
1. Attach the food mincer to your machine. Fit the coarse screen and mince the beef into the Kenwood bowl. For a finer texture pass through the screen again.
2. Add the herbs, lemon juice and rind and a generous sprinkling of freshly ground black pepper. Using the k beater, mix the ingredients together on minimum speed.
3. Divide into 4 and with floured hands shape into thick burgers. Either brush with oil and place under a preheated grill for about 4 minutes on each side, or shallow fry over a medium heat.
To make the tomato sauce:
1. Attach the blender to your machine and add the onion, garlic and chilli (if using).Blend until you have a choppy texture.
2. Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the chopped onion mixture and cook over a medium heat, stirring until softened, for about 4-5 minutes.
3. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and simmer, uncovered, for at least 20 minutes until the mixture becomes thick and pulpy. Pour the tomato sauce into the blender and process on a medium speed until smooth.
Serve the beef burger in bread buns with the blended tomato sauce. Add any extra toppings like salad, fresh tomatoes or cheese to complete the dish.