Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Tools: Creaming beater
Equipment: 2 cake tins, greaseproof paper
1. Switch on the oven to 180°, 350F°, gas mark 4. Grease a sandwich cake tin with a little oil or margarine.
2. Place a circle of greaseproof paper in the bottom of two cake tins and grease the paper.
3. Place all the ingredients in the mixer bowl.
4. Attach the creaming beater and mix until light and fluffy.
5. Spread the mixture into the tins with a spatula and smooth the top.
6. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Don’t forget to use oven gloves.
7. When the cakes are cooked they will have shrunk slightly from the sides of the tin. Press the tops lightly with your finger. If the cakes are cooked, they will spring back.
8. Put the cakes on a cooling rack.
9. When the cakes have cooled, spread the jam on one, then a layer of cream and place the strawberries around the edge of the cake.
10. Add the other cake and sprinkle with icing sugar to serve.