BM450 Program 10 - Dough
- Remove the bread pan from the bread maker and fit the kneader.
- Pour water, yoghurt, melted butter, ghee or oil into the bread pan. Then add the rest of the ingredients except for the yeast.
- Make a well in the centre of the flour, but not down as far as the liquid, and add the yeast.
- Insert and lock the bread pan onto the bread maker. Select program 10 DOUGH from the menu. Press start.
- Just before the end of the cycle place 3 baking sheets in the oven and preheat the oven to its highest setting. At the end of the cycle, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knock back the dough and divide into 3 equal pieces and shape into balls.
- Roll out into oval shapes about 25cm (10 in) long and 13 cm (5 in) wide. Preheat the grill. Place the naan on the preheated baking sheets and bake for 4-5 minutes, until puffed up. Remove from the oven and place under the preheated grill, until browned and slightly puffed up.
- Brush with melted butter or ghee and serve warm.
Add 5ml (1 tsp) each of ground corriander and cumin with the flour for a spicy naan. To make wholemeal naan substitute 50% of the white bread flour with wholemeal.
If wished include a crushed garlic clove and/or a little freshly ground black pepper for a savory twist. Black pepper can also be used as a final dusting after brushing with melted butter or ghee.
tsp = 5ml teaspoon
tbsp = 15ml tablespoon