These cubes of puree are a convenient way to add flavouring to casseroles and in curry recipes when finely chopped garlic and ginger is required. Blend large quantities and reserve in the freezer for up to three months - simply remove from the freezer and add to your dish.
- Thinly peel the ginger and cut into chunks, add to the blender and pulse until you have a puree.
- Spoon into ice-cube trays and freeze. For best results blend approx 150g at a time.
- To save time peeling lots of garlic cloves, you can buy the elephant garlic which has really large cloves. Put the peeled garlic into the blender and pulse until smooth.
- Spoon into ice-cube trays and freeze. For best results process at least 3 regular bulbs of garlic at any time.
- Peel the onion and halve, put into the blender jug and press the coarse chop programme.
- Spoon into ice-cube trays and freeze.