Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 6-8 minutes
- For the filling, put the chicken breast into the blender and chop using the coarse chop programme. Turn out into a bowl.
- Now put the prawn into the blender with the spring onion, water chestnuts and ginger and chop using the coarse chop programme, scrape into the bowl with the chicken. Add the dry sherry, sesame oil and cornflour and mix together.
- To assemble, brush the edges of a wonton wrapper, place a heaped teaspoon of the filling in the middle the gather up the sides of the wrapper and mould around the filling. Whilst doing so pinch the edges of the wrapper, leaving the filling in the middle expose. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Alternatively fold the wrappers over the filling to enclose the filling and make a semi-circle. Press the edges together and crimp to seal.
- Place the dim sum into a bamboo steamer, a layered one would be useful to be able to cook all at once. Set over a pan of simmering water and steam for 6-8 minutes or until cooked through. If wished scatter over some very finely chopped red chilli and chives to garnish.
- Serve with dipping sauces of choice.
Tip: If you do not have a bamboo steamer, any other steamer will do.