Preparation time: 30 minutes plus 24 hours resting time
Cooking time: 10 minutes to roast the nuts
Serves: 25 pieces
Equipment: baking tray, parchment paper
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Toast the hazelnuts and almonds in a pre-heated oven set at 375°F for about 10 minutes.
- Attach the Whisk and add the honey, sugar, water and egg whites.
- Set the temperature to 285°F, set the speed to maximum and hold down the pulse (P) button until it double beeps (this will ensure the machine hits a high temperature at a high speed). Once you hear the beeps, whisk the mixture at this temperature for five minutes.
- Turn the temperature off and continue to mix until the temperature reaches 120°F.
- Remove the whisk and lightly oil the surface of the Creaming Beater and attach.
- Add the nuts (hazelnuts, almonds and pistachios) to the mixture and carefully mix on a slow speed until combined.
- Spread the mixture over the lined baking tray to around 1/2 inch thick and place another sheet of parchment paper on top.
- Allow to set at room temperature for at least 24hours.
- Cut the nougat with a sharp knife into several rectangular pieces.
- If you wish, you can dip into melted chocolate to finish.