For the biscotti savoiardo
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add the egg whites to the bowl and attach the Whisk, whisk on a high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add half the sugar, reserve in a separate bowl.
- Add the egg yolks, vanilla essence and remaining sugar to the bowl, whisk together until the mixture turns light in colour.
- Remove the whisk and attach the creaming beater, add the reserved egg whites to the mixed egg yolks and combine together on a low speed.
- Gradually add the flour and salt, making sure that the mixture is not over mixed as all of the air will be lost.
- Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a piping tube. Pipe onto the baking tray into twenty 8cm long biscuits
- Sprinkle each one with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Place on a cooling rack and reserve until ready to use.