CHOCOLATE CRANBERRIES TART
Crust base ingredients
200g plain flour
1 tbsp sugar
125g butter, diced
2 tbsp ice water
Hazelnut filling ingredients
125g butter at room temperature
2 large eggs
2 tsp rum
120g grounded hazelnuts
25g plain flour
100g chocolate couverture
METHOD - Pastry
1. Lightly butter a loose bottom flan tin (9" / 23cm). Have a piece of baking paper/ baking beans ready.
2. Place the flour, sugar and the butter into the mixing bowl
3. Set it on low and mix the mixture to resemble crumbs
4. While machine is running, add ice water to bring it together to form into a ball.
5. Wrap dough and refrigerate for 20 minutes
6. Roll dough on a slightly floured board using a rolling pin to the size of the flan tin
7. Fit pastry into tin. Prick the base of pastry with fork and then chill it for about 15 minutes
8. Line the pastry case with baking paper, fill it with baking beans and bake in oven for 10 minutes
9. Remove paper after 10 minutes and bake a further 5 minutes till base is golden brown
10. Scatter the chocolate while the pastry base is still hot. Set aside.
METHOD - Filling
1. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl, cream till light and fluffy.
2. Gradually beat in the eggs and rum
3. Fold in the ground hazelnuts and flour
4. Scatter a layer of cranberries over the chocolate base
5. Spoon the hazelnut mixture on the top and spread it out evenly
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 deg Celsius for about 30 minutes and is firn to the touch
7. Cool on wire rack and carefully remove from flan tin
8. Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the baked flan before serving