Walnut Apple Pie
Makes 30 small pieces or 3 7-inch size pies
Kenwood Chef KMC500, DeLonghi Oven AOV842 or EO3890
160g bread flour
240g cake flour
50ml ice water
7 Fuji apples (peeled & cut)
120g caster sugar
1 lemon juice
½ tsp cinnamon powder
70g raisins soaked in brandy
150g walnuts (toasted)
80g caster sugar
100g cake flour
1. Boil apples, add sugar, lemon
juice and butter over low heat until soft and liquid nicely
absorbed. Add raisings, cinnamon powder and walnuts, stir evenly.
Remove from stove and cool.
2. Pour bread flour and cake flour into a mixing bowl, cut cold
butter into small cubes and use rubbing method to mix into flour.
Slowly add in ice water and mix into a dough. Chill for half an
3. Roll out dough onto a floured surface and cut out with cutter to
mould into pie moulds. Prick the base with a fork to prevent
puffing when baking.
4. Using another mixing bowl, pour
cake flour and cster sugar. Cut cold butter into small cubes and
use the rubbing method to create a powdery texture. Avoid having
big lumps. Chill in fridge for 10 minutes.
5. Scoop some apple fillings onto the pie shells.
6. Preheat oven at 200ºC.
7. Spread a layer of topping on top of apple filling and bake for
35 – 40 minutes, or until light golden brown.