Major KMM750, Oven (MO690)
350g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 tbsp ice water
1 egg (for brushing)
350g chicken meat (cut into cube sizes)
1 large onion (slice thinly)
200g mixed vegetables
1 can button mushroom (sliced)
1 can Cream of Mushroom
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. To prepare filling, heat oil in frying pan and add onions. Stir
in chicken and lightly fry until meat is cooked. Pour in mixed
vegetables and button mushroom and stir. Add in cream of mushroom
with water. You may wish to add some pepper and salt to taste.
Simmer until slightly dry. Put aside to cool.
2. Place butter in a Kenlyete or Stainless Steel mixing bowl and
use K-beater to beat till slightly soft.
3. Pour flour and salt, and continue to mix at speed'1'.
4. Gradually pour in ice water and mix until it becomes a
5. Roll out half the dough and mould it into a 9" Pie Pan. Prick
dough base evenly with fork.
6. Scoop filling ingredients into pie and spread evenly.
7. Use egg to brush around the edges of pie.
8. Roll a thinner piece of dough enough to cover over the top of
the pie and press lightly with fork around the edges of pie.
9. Prick the top with fork and brush thoroughly with egg.
10. Preheat oven at 190ºC for 5 minutes before putting in pie to
bake for 40 - 45 minutes, or till golden brown.
11. Serve hot.