Makes 2 loaves of 10" by 3"
200g plain flour
15g caster sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
120g pastry margarine
1 egg for brushing
400g green apples (cubed)
180g caster sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
100g instant custard
200ml cold water
METHOD - Filling
1. Place cubed apples into a saucepan.
2. Add sugar and water. Boil until soft
3. Add in the cinnamon powder and continue to stir for another 5 minutes
4. Leave to cool
METHOD - Pastry
1. Place flour, butter and sugar in a mixing bowl, fix 'K' beater and mix until crumbly
2. Add in the egg and gradually add in the water and lemon juice, continue to knead until it becomes dough
3. Place dough on a pastry sheet and roll to a big square
4. Roll pastry margarine in between plastic wrap until slightly flat. Remove and place in the middle of flattened dough
5. Cover the pastry margarine with the dough and roll flat with a rolling pin
6. Continue to fold and roll as many times as you can.
7. Cut dough to 10" by 3" size of rectangles
8. Preheat oven to 180 deg Celsius
9. Place rectangle dough on a greaseproof baking tray
10. Brush with beaten egg and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
11. Spread apple filling onto 2 pcs of baked pastry
12. Spread custard on top of apple filling followed by whipped cream
13. Place the other 2 pcs of pastry on top and cut with electric knife
14. Sprinkle with icing sugar before serving
15. Serve cold