PEACH MELBA RIPPLE
Serves 2 (3-4)
115g/4oz (175g/6oz) raspberries
25g/1oz (40g/1½oz) icing sugar
3 (4-5) ripe peaches about
375g/13oz (550g/1lb 4oz)
50g/2oz (75g/3oz) caster sugar
10ml/2 tsp (15ml/3 tsp) lemon juice
150ml/¼ pint (200ml/7fl oz) double cream
1. Purée the raspberries with the icing sugar then push through a fine sieve into a bowl. Chill.
2. Meanwhile plunge the peaches briefly into boiling water then remove the skins.
3. Remove the stones, roughly chop the flesh and process to a purée with the caster sugar and lemon juice.
4. Stir in the double cream and chill.
5. Fit the frozen bowl into the dessert maker and switch on.
6. Pour in the peach cream and churn until it resembles freshly
7. Transfer a layer of peach ice cream to a freezer-proof container then add a layer of the chilled raspberry purée.
8. Repeat with the remaining ice cream and raspberry
purée, until both are used up.
9. Using a round bladed knife stir through the ice cream and raspberry purée to create a swirled effect.
10. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm enough to scoop.