CHRISTMAS FRUIT CAKE
Makes an 8" cake
Major KMM750, Oven (MO690)
130g brown sugar
80g caster sugar
5 eggs (250g)
290g plain flour (sifted)
1.5 tsp baking powder
350g mixed fruits
1tbsp golden syrup
4tbsp brandy (soak with mixed fruits)
1. Preheat oven at 160ºC for 30 minutes.
2. Prepare a 8" cake tin, line the base with 2 layers of greaseproof paper, and grease the sides with butter.
3. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl, use the K Beater and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Scoop 4 tbsp of flour into mixed fruits. Stir to cover mix fruits to prevent sinking.
5. Add golden syrup and mix well. Sift in plain flour and baking powder and mix evenly.
6. Place egg whites in another mixing bowl, use balloon whisk and whisk at high speed until slightly stiff. Fold in manually into butter mixture.
7. Manually fold in mixed fruits and pour combined mixture into cake tin.
8. Bake in oven for approximately 1.5 hours or until golden brown.