1 cup flour
1 cup self raising flour
160g butter, room temperature
Half cup caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, slightly beatern
1 tbsp milk, if needed
2 cans of apple pie filling
30g butter, melted
1 tbsp brown sugar
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg celsius. Prepare a shallow 18 x 28cm pan with cooking spray and lined with paper
2. Sift flour together
3. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy
4. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs. Cream the mixture thoroughly.
5. Fold in the flour in several batches, mixing well after each addition. if dry - add in the milk
6. Gather dough together and divide into 2 batches. Cover and chill for about 20 minutes.
7. Roll out one batch of pastry to fit prepared pan base
8. Spread the apple filling over pastry
9. Roll out the other dough and place on top of apple layer
10. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle the brown sugar
11. Bake for 35 minutes till golden brown
12. Set aside to cool before cutting in squares to serve.