Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Aldous - Dish Food Editor
Fragrant with cheese and herbs, these little treats are best served warm from the oven
- ⅓ cup plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan
- ½ teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped thyme or rosemary
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 large egg, size 7
- Madeleine tins
- butter for greasing the tins, very soft but not melted
- 12 sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake
- Brush a 12 hole madeleine tin lightly with butter and place in the fridge for a few minutes. Brush a second time with butter then place a sage leaf in the base of each mould, pressing it down firmly.
- Put the flour, baking powder, salt, parmesan, fennel and thyme in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Whisk the buttermilk, butter and the egg together. Add to the processor and blend briefly. Spoon the batter over the sage leaves and bake for 10 minutes or until firm and golden. Serve warm dusted with a little extra parmesan if desired.