Recipe for Kenwood by Eugene Hamilton
- 1 ½ cups fine corn meal
- 1 ¼ self-rising flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 ½ cups corn kernels
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- Freshly chopped coriander
- In a bowl mix corn meal, flour, sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix the milk, eggs and canola oil then combine the two mixtures and beat thoroughly until smooth.
- Add the corn and the chopped coriander and mix well.
- Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat a waffle iron to 4 (or a medium high heat).
- Once heated spray with canola oil spray and pour in the waffle mixture (amount may vary depending on the size of the waffle iron) and cook until golden.
- Remove, cut and set aside until needed.