Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- 2 large beetroot peeled and chopped
- 6 large carrots peeled
- Large handful of parsley
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of 1 large orange
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Optional: Chopped nuts/seeds
- Place the the parsley into the food processor bowl and blitz until finely chopped
- Remove the blade and place the coarse grating blade into the top of the food processor then put the lid back on. Turn to a medium speed and then add the carrots, followed by the beetroot until all the vegetables have been grated.
- Place the grated carrot, beetroot and chopped parsley onto a platter, mix the dressing ingredients together and then pour over the salad
- Top with nuts and seeds if you like a little extra crunch!
Serve it up:
- Enjoy as a main for lunch or dinner with grilled chicken, lean meat, fish, tofu, a boiled egg or pulses
- Serve as a side salad with a main meal