Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
You honestly won’t believe how easy these are to make. Perfect with a cuppa for a treat or to enjoy after dinner with family and friends.
- 2 egg whites from very large eggs (or 3 from medium eggs)
- 1 ¼ cup ground almonds
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Pre heat your oven to 170°C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Put the egg whites into the bowl of the Kenwood Kitchen Machine and using the balloon whisk, beat the egg on high until you get soft peaks (much like when you are making a meringue).
- Change the balloon whisk to the folding bowl tool, add the remaining ingredients to the egg whites and fold them together at a slow speed until combined. Avoid over mixing as this will remove air and will make the bites tough.
- Roll the mixture into 10-15 small balls (depending on your appetite!) and lay out on the baking tray. Press the balls down lightly with a fork to flatten them slightly. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool and enjoy!
Adapt: You can use sultanas instead of cranberries