This recipe is incredibly simple, but extremely versatile. Spread it on top of a cake for a nice alternative to traditional icing, serve it alongside a warm dessert, or even eat it by itself. The Greek yogurt helps to cut through the richness of the cream, while still being the quintessence of comfort. The rose water, jam, petals and pistachios tie it all together into a beautiful, sweet, creamy muddle.
- 200ml fresh cream
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs good quality strawberry jam
- 3 tbsp dried rose petals
- 3 tbsp finely chopped, green pistachios
- Using the balloon whisk attachment of your Kmix, whip the cream to ribbon consistency
- By hand, gently fold through the yogurt, rosewater and vanilla
- Fold through the jam, leaving some visible ripples
Tips: Serve immediately, however you please! Sprinkle over the rose petals and pistachios at the last minute.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.