Recipe for Kenwood by Jordan Rondel
- 150g frozen raspberries
- 2 long stems of rhubarb, washed and cut into 1cm chunks (about 80g)
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 200g butter, softened
- 180g caster sugar
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g ground almonds
- 100g plain flour
- zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan bake. Line a 22cm cake tin with baking paper.
- First, scatter the berries and rhubarb pieces into the lined tin in an even layer. Drizzle with the honey.
- Next make the batter. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale, light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, along with the vanilla.
- Gradually fold in the ground almonds and flour, then the lemon zest and juice.
- Spoon the batter gently over the fruit in the tin and spread out to the sides.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes or until golden in colour, springy to the touch and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Tip: Allow the cake to cool for around 20 minutes before turning out upside down onto a serving plate.Serve warm with Greek yogurt. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.