Recipe for Kenwood by Jordan Rondel
For the Pears:
- 50g butter
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 4 ripe pears
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Whipped Cream:
- 200ml fresh cream
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan bake. Line a deep-sided baking tray with baking paper.
- Peel the pears, but leave the stems attached. Quarter them and lay them on the lined baking tray. Dust over the cinnamon and set aside.
- To make the caramel, melt the 75g butter in a saucepan over a medium heat and then take off the heat. Add the sugar, stirring occasionally until it dissolves.
- Immediately pour the caramel over the pears and give everything a good mix up so the pears are well coated. Place the tray in the oven and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the golden syrup whipped cream. Whip the cream in the bowl of your kMix with the balloon whisk attachment until you have a ribbon-like consistency, then gently fold through the yoghurt, golden syrup and vanilla.
- Once the pears are soft and caramelized, plate them up carefully (2 quarters per person) with a generous dollop of the cream, and an extra drizzle of golden syrup.
- Eat immediately!