Recipe for Kenwood by Eugene Hamilton
- 30ml sesame oil
- 1kg chicken
- 350g onion
- 90g garlic
- 30ml soy sauce
- ½ cup hoisin sauce
- ½ cup char sui sauce
- 40g fresh ginger, minced
- 80ml sherry vinegar
- 100ml sweet chilli sauce
- 300g water chestnuts sliced
- 250g spring onions, finely sliced
- 50ml sesame oil
- 100g Roasted cashews, chopped
- salt to taste
- Iceberg lettuce or cos leaves, rinsed and drained
- 50g fried shallots
- Fresh coriander (optional)
- Fit the mincer attachment using the medium diameter die. Place a bowl underneath the mincer. Feed the chicken pieces through the mincer on a medium speed. Place the bowl into the fridge until needed.
- Using the food processor attachment, add the onion and garlic. Attach the lid and pulse until a fine dice is achieved.
- Attach the flexi beater attachment, set the temperature to 120°C on the continuous setting. Add the sesame oil, minced chicken, onion and garlic and cook for 8 minutes. Add the hoisin, char sui, ginger, sherry vinegar & spring onions and cook for a further 4 minutes. Turn off and remove the bowl, stir in the roasted cashews and sesame oil, check & adjust seasoning.
- Serve in bowls topped with fried shallots & coriander with lettuce leaves.