Recipe for Kenwood by Eugene Hamilton
- 250g coarse corn meal
- 700ml chicken stock
- 50g butter
- 1 cup toasted coconut thread
- ¾ cup toasted cashews chopped
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- Salt to taste
- In a pot bring the chicken stock & butter to the boil, add the cornmeal and cook until tender and the stock has been absorbed (approximately 8-10 minutes),
- Place the cornmeal mixture onto a tray and separate the grains using a fork until cooled.
- Place into a bowl and add the coconut, cashews & coriander
- Mix well & season with salt if needed.
- Set aside until needed.
This is great to serve as an alternative to rice with curry or if you want to serve it as a salad, add chopped tomatoes, cucumber, raisins & grated carrot for something a little different.