Recipe for Kenwood by Eugene Hamilton
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 ¼ cups butter milk
- 1 egg (size 7)
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Butter for frying
- In a bowl add the buckwheat flour, sugar, baking powder salt, baking soda and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl add the butter milk, egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly, then combine both bowls together and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick fry pan to a medium high heat place a small amount of butter in the pan then pour the batter in to the pan to make pancakes approximately 10 cm in diameter.
- Cook until golden then flip and cook the other side.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream, fresh berries, maple syrup or a berry compote.