Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- 6 large egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 1 tsp malt vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150mls cream
- 250g thick greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Fruit and nuts for the top – I like to use strawberries, raspberries and blueberries if they are in season along with chopped roasted hazelnuts and small mint leaves
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
- Whisk egg whites in Titanium until stiff peaks
- Keep mixing whilst adding a tsp of sugar at a time until ¼ of sugar added, then add a tbsp. at a time until all the sugar is combined and the egg whites have formed stiff peaks
- Add cornflour, malt vinegar and vanilla extract. Whisk for another 30 seconds to combine.
- Spoon meringue onto grease proof paper to make a round pavlova shape, place in the oven which will be at 150 degrees and turn the temperature down to 140 degrees immediately and bake for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off (DON’T open the door) and leave to cool completely before removing from the oven.
- When you are ready to decorate your pavlova, whisk cream into stiff peaks then fold in the yoghurt, icing sugar and vanilla extract, then spoon this on top of the cold pavlova and decorate with fruit and nuts of your choice.