Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
If you are looking for a delicious sauce for your pasta which tastes amazing and is packed with nutrients your body loves, then you are in the right place. This recipe is so easy, dairy free and quite frankly, very very tasty! You can also use this sauce on top of fish or chicken too.
Equipment needed: The multimill attachment on the Kenwood Multipro Excel, Blend-X Pro Blender or any Kenwood food processor with standard chopping blade.
- 2 cups of baby spinach and / or baby kale
- 1 cup raw unsalted nuts (e.g. almonds, macadamia, cashews, peanuts, pine nuts)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Place the spinach / kale in a microwave safe bowl and add 2 tbsp of water, cook on high for 30 seconds until it wilts.
- Place the spinach / kale along with the remaining ingredients into the Multimill, Blend X Pro or your Food Processor and blend together.
- Add water to make the sauce the right consistency for your pasta sauce, this may be a few tablespoons or more like ½ cup depending on what you are looking for.
- Toss through pasta and enjoy!