Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- 1 can lite condensed milk
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
NOTE: Put the freezing bowl from the frozen dessert maker into the freezer 24 hours prior to making the ice-cream.
- Set up the ice-cream attachment ready for use:
- Lock the mixing bowl into the Kenwood Chef and pop the freezing bowl inside.
- Place the paddle in the middle and secure with the cover.
- Place the mixing head down and make sure the locating pin is attached to the paddle.
- In a bowl whisk together the condensed milk, milk, lemon juice and salt.
- Turn the Kenwood Chef on a slow speed and pour in the ice-cream mixture
- Leave the Kenwood Chef on low for around 30-40 minutes until the ice-cream is stiff and ready to eat.
- Remember that if you leave the frozen ice-cream bowl in the machine for longer than around 45 mins it will lose its coolness and the ice-cream can start to melt, so if the mixture isn’t quite firm enough at this stage, pop it into the freezer for a bit to allow it to firm up.
- You can store any ice-cream you don’t eat in the freezer to enjoy another day!