Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- ¼ cup of raw almonds or cashew nuts (to make them nut free, just add another ¼ cup of sunflower seeds)
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup shredded coconut + ⅓ cup for rolling
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground ginger and nutmeg (approx. ¼ tsp of each) – optional, not essential
- 12 soft pitted Medjool dates or 36 pitted dried dates soaked in 3tbsp boiling water
- 1 very large carrot (120g) peeled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Set up your Kenwood Food Processor with the fine grater disc and finely grate the carrots. Remove from the food processor and set aside in a bowl.
- Swap the grating disc for the chopping blade and put the sunflower seeds, nuts, spices and coconut in the Kenwood food processor and pulse until combined and resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the dates, grated carrot and vanilla extract then pulse until the mixture combines and sticks together. Add a splash or water if the mixture if too dry, or a little more coconut if it’s too wet.
- Leave to the side for 5-10 minutes to allow the mixture to become firmer then scoop out tablespoons and roll into ball shapes in your hand then roll in the extra coconut.
- Chill and then – enjoy!
Tips: You can keep these in the fridge in an air tight container for about 5 days, use eyes to theme the bliss balls for Halloween.