Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250g pre-cooked beetroot, chopped into chunks
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp. tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 tbsp. natural yoghurt
- 2 tsp horseradish
- Parsley/extra horseradish to garnish.
- Place chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, tahini, cumin, oil, natural yoghurt and horseradish into the Kenwood Triblade bowl, blend until smooth.
- Add the beetroot and then blend together with the other ingredients until smooth. Add extra yoghurt, oil or a splash of water if it is too thick. Season to taste, add more horseradish if you like.
Tips: Serve with a dollop of extra horseradish or natural yoghurt and chopped parsley on top. Ideal with crackers or flat breads.