Recipe for Kenwood by Claire Turnbull
- ¾ cup pitted dried dates
- 1/4 cup of boiling water
- 1 cup high grade flour or GF flour
- 1 cup rolled oats (can use GF oats if you can find them)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 very large or 3 medium sized bananas, peeled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries (or blueberries)
- Optional: 1/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Heat oven to 180°C and line a 18 hole muffin pan with paper/silicone muffin cups.
- Place the dates into the Kenwood food processor and pulse until finely chopped using the chopping blade. Remove from the food processor and place into a small bowl. Cover with the boiling water and leave to soak and soften, stirring occasionally.
- Place the banana into the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (including the soaked dates) but keep the raspberries to one side. Blend everything together until smooth.
- Remove the blade and gently fold through the raspberries and if you are including them, chopped walnuts.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture and put into the paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 10-20minutes (depending on the size) or until golden brown and springy to the touch (cooked through).
- Leave to cool in the muffin tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips: Make and keep in freezer, great for lunchboxes.