8 oz fresh goat cheese
2 ½ tbsp cultured Butter, softened
⅓ cup shallots, finely diced
⅓ cup red wine vinegar
1 ½ tbsp honey
¼ tsp roasted garlic
¼ lemon, zest only
3 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
2 tsp fresh mint, finely julienned
2 tsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
2 tsp fresh chives, finely chopped
2 tbsp slivered almonds
½ tsp vegetable oil
Salt & white pepper to taste
½ ripe honeydew (approximately 2lbs), seeded, skinned, cubed
½ ripe cantaloupe (approximately 2 lbs), seeded, skinned, cubed
½ hothouse cucumber, skinned, seeded, chopped
1 pt strawberries, stemmed, halved
1-2 Slices jalapeño (optional)
1 lime, juiced
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp salt
4-8 pieces toast points
Preparation time: 15 minutes Active; 6 - 24 hours Inactive
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Attachments: Cooking Chef Bowl, Flexi Beater, K-Beater and Thermo-Resist Blender
- Using the Flexi Beater, set dials to 85ºF, Speed #1
- Add oil, almonds and a pinch of salt, cooking 5 minutes or until nuts turn golden brown.
- Remove to tray and allow to cool.
- Place cleaned bowl back on machine with Flexi Beater and add shallots, vinegar and honey. Set dials to 285ºF, Speed #1 and cook 2 minutes before turning down to 220ºF and cooking an additional 15 minutes.
- Transfer caramelized shallots to a separate bowl and reserve.
- Place cleaned bowl back on machine with the K-Beater and add goat cheese, lemon zest, and roasted barlic.
- Beat 1 minute, Speed #2 before increasing to Speed #3 for additional 2 minutes.
- Replace beater with the Flexi Beater, add soft butter and reserved shallots, and beat Speed #4 for 1 minute.
- Add in reserved almonds, chives, parsley and mint and beat 30-45 seconds until all are incorporated evenly. Turn out cheese to bowl and reserve.
- Place the two melons, cucumber and strawberries in the blender and blend on high for 1-2 minutes until mix is completely emulsified.
- Add rest of ingredients, blend again for additional minute. Strain, reserve cold for 6-24 hours.
- For serving, season to taste, then pour in bowls. Garnish with drizzled olive oil, fresh herbs and ground pepper.
- Accompany with croutons spread generously with goat cheese mix.