Tip: if asparagus is not in season replace with snow peas or green beans.
Prep: 25 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Vegetarian - Dairy Free
Wholemeal Pasta Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 tbsp. EV olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 red chillies, julienned
- ½ bunch asparagus, blanched and cut through the middle
- Extra water
Method – Wholemeal Pasta Dough
- Sift wholemeal and plain flour into the bowl. Add salt.
- Add eggs.
- Attach the dough hook. Knead on low speed for 4-6 minutes or until a ball is formed. The dough should be soft to the touch and the sides of the bowl clean. If the pasta is too dry, add a teaspoon of water at a time, or if the pasta is too wet, add a teaspoon of flour at a time.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Insert the flat pasta roller attachment to the slow speed outlet. Unwrap the pasta. Using the palm of your hand flatten the pasta dough until, roughly, 2cm thick.
- Place the unit on low speed (1-2). Slowly introduce the pasta between the rollers. You will need roll the pasta through each pasta setting 2-3 times, or until the pasta is smooth.
- Roll the pasta to setting 8.
- Remove the pasta roller and attach pasta cutter.
- Place the unit on low speed (1-2) and slowly introduce pasta between the cutters. Toss in flour and use immediately or hang to dry.
Method – Thai Pasta Salad
- Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the pasta and cook it for 2 - 3 minutes, al dente. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- In a blender, thoroughly combine cashews, olive oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, lime juice and enough water to make a runny consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl add all of the remaining ingredients, apart from the asparagus but including the pasta and gently combine. Mix through the cashew dressing.
- Serve in a large decorative platted with asparagus on top.