This classic French recipe is really easy to prepare and makes a great summer lunch time dish. Cherries are the classic fruits to use for this dish, but it does work very well with all types of soft fruit and compotes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
Equipment: 22cm tart/pie dish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 22cm ovenproof dish and line with the pitted cherries.
- Attach the K beater and add the eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt and baking powder. Mix on a medium speed until the mixture becomes pale.
- Turn to a low speed and slowly add the milk. Mix until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cherries and bake for 30-40 minutes until light and golden.
- Serve with clotted cream.