The chocolate brownie has become the classic dessert in any restaurant, and they can be served with a variety of toppings. The secret to a great chocolate brownie is not to over bake the mixture.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Equipment: Square tin, baking paper
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C. Grease and line a square tin.
- Melt the plain chocolate and butter. Reserve.
- Attach the whisk and add the eggs and sugar. Mix on a high speed until the mixture becomes light and airy.
- Remove the whisk and attach the creaming beater. With the machine running on low speed slowly add the chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder, flour, salt, baking powder and ground almonds in batches to the mixture. Mix until combined.
- Add the shelled pistachio nuts and white chocolate. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased cake tin and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Cut into portions and serve.