These little biscuits are delightful served as a petit four with an Irish coffee, but are equally at home soaked in liquor and serve with poached fruit and a dollop of sweetened cream.
Preparation time: 5 minute
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 20 biscuits
Equipment: baking tray, baking paper, piping bag
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Cut the marzipan into pieces.
- Add the marzipan, egg whites and sugar and attach the creaming beater.
- Turn the speed to 3.
- Beat until the mixture until it combines, making sure there are no lumps of marzipan.
- ADD the flour, baking powder and ground almonds and add to the mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Place into a piping bag and make small little blobs of biscuits about 1 ½ cm in diameter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, allow to cool then remove from the tray and allow to cool completely.