3 Large ramekin dishes or 6 small ramekin dishes
450ml Single cream
50g White sugar
3 Egg yolks
1tsp Vanilla essence or ½ a vanilla pod
100g Raspberries –If using frozen defrost and drain off excess liquid before use
100g Brown Demerara sugar to brulee
1. Pour 3cm of hot water into the slow cooker and turn on high.
2. Heat the cream vanilla and sugar in a bowl over hot water.
3. In a large mixing bowl whisk the egg yolks.
4. Pour the hot cream and sugar slowly over the eggs whisking all the time.
5. Place the raspberries in the bottom of the ramekin dishes and pour over the custard.
6. Cover each dish with foil and place in the ceramic pot. Top up the water level to ½ way up the ramekins and cook for 1 ½ - 2hrs until the custard gas just set.
7. Cool for at least 4 hrs in a refrigerator
8. Before serving drain off any excess liquid . Sprinkle the brown sugar over the top of the raspberry creams and brulee with either a chefs blowtorch or under a hot grill.
1. Take care not to heat the custard if caramelising the sugar with a hot grill.
2. Chef’s blowtorches are relatively inexpensive to buy and are now available in most supermarkets.
3. After caramelising the top the desert will keep for up to 2 hrs in the refrigerator.